- GARDNER-DENVER RSD SERIES
Digital Scroll Refrigerated Dryer
Gardner Denver continues the tradition of providing energy saving solutions to help you increase profits and reduce power costs. Challenges for energy efficiency and dew point stability are answered with a technological breakthrough in energy efficient refrigerated air dryer design. We call this energy saver the RSD Series and it is unlike any energy efficient compressed air dryer technology on the market.
Ease of Maintenance
- Isolation valves allow maintenance on individual modules without interrupting the air supply to other modules
- Each module maintains separate water regulating valves, strainers, and water isolation valves for ease of maintenance
- Each module is a self-contained air treatment station offering redundancy in critical components and system back-up ensuring constant air supply.
Modules include common sub-components:
- Stainless steel brazed plate heat exchangers
- Module isolation valves
- Integral filtration
- No-air-loss condensate drains
- Water-cooled condenser
- Digital scroll refrigeration system
- Furnished with integral high performance filtration and energy saving no-air-loss demand drains
- Standard modules offer two stage separation removing solids of 3 micron and larger, with a remaining oil content of 4mg/m³
- Optional cold coalescing filters capture solids of 0.01 micron and larger, with a remaining oil content of 0.008 mg/ m³
Easy To Use Controller
The controller on the RSD 3750-12500 models is an intuitive operator interface that monitors system performance, tracks energy savings and actively communicates with individual dryer modules.
- Highly Visible LCD Screen
- Equipped with MODBUS RS-485 interface and Ethernet
- Membrane keypad providing easy navigation
- Predictive maintenance features
- Measures Energy Savings
- Displays individual module operation and real-time status
- Alarm Indication and history
Digital Scroll Refrigeration Compressor
- Rugged digital scroll compression improves efficiency, durability and reliability and lowers decibel sound levels.
- Simple reliable operation results from having only two parts, a fixed upper scroll and an orbiting lower scroll.
- Long-life Scroll-set compression sealing surfaces are impregnated to wear-in and improve with time.
- Radial compliance controls the operation of the orbiting scroll set. Axial compliance controls the energy savings. Combined they excel at tolerating abnormal conditions like liquid slugs and solids.
- Design allows back-side of dryer to be placed against the wall.
- Connections: compressed air inlet/outlet portals are located through the roof for easy access to interior.
- Cooling air flow: enters one side and exhausts out the top for better ventilation and noise reduction.
- Lift out panels replace the hinged filter access doors for better access to interior.
Exclusive Heat Exchanger Design
- Energy efficiency is maximized through the design of our exclusive plate type heat exchangers. Crafted from premium grade 316 stainless steel.
- No Prefiltration is required due to large bore, smooth channels that eliminate places for dirt, rust, and scale to accumulate. Less pressure drop saves you more energy.
- Integral Blow-Gun makes surface cleaning easy, saves time and maintains efficiency.
Maximum Extraction Separator/Filter
- 99% effective moisture removal at all flow rates to preserve dew point stability.
- Standard Grade B two-stage cold filtration ensures maximum water extraction under low flow conditions.
- Stage one mechanically entraps solids >10 microns with dual stainless steel orifice tubes. Stage two utilizes in-depth fiber media to coalesce water droplets and retain solid particles 3 microns and larger.
RSD models 3750-12500 are of a modular construction offering multiple design variations for flexible arrangement. Modules may be configured in 1250 and 2500 scfm increments precisely matching system air flow demand.