High Pressure Air High Pressure/Boosters Reciprocating - Oil Lubricated Reciprocating - Oil-Free
- GARDNER DENVER J SERIES
Lubricated and Oil-free reciprocating technology 19-559 kW (25-750 HP)
Advanced Designs for Compressor Solutions
WB-12 reciprocating air compressors are available in lubricated or oil-free models, and can be driven by direct-coupled or V-belt driven by electric motors, or a variety of engines and turbines. V-belt drives can be employed to drive J-Series compressors, for most applications up to 350 hp.
Compressors are available from 25 to 750 hp, for atmospheric or booster applications. Compressed gases include Air, Argon, Nitrogen, Methane, Carbon Dioxide, and other mixtures.
Benefits at a glance
- All cylinders and cylinders heads are made of dense, grey iron.
- Pistons are designed for specific applications, to work in harmony with cylinder contouring or maximum gas flow efficiency.
- Low-profile valves with stainless steel discs provide large port are and low velocity, resulting in a minimum pressure drop.
- The crankshaft is a precision machines and ground ductile iron casting or alloy steel forging, accurately counter-weighted to minimize vibrations, noise and wear.
- The main frame’s heavy cast grey iron construction provides rugged support for the running gear. Removable oil-tight covers provide generous access to crankshaft connecting rods and crossheads.
- The box-type, cast iron, precision-fitted crosshead with extra large bearing area is rifle-drilled for pressure lubrication.
- Heat-treated connecting rods are rifle-drilled for pressure lubrication to precision steel-backed, tri-metal crankpin bearings and bronze crosshead pin bearings.
- Main bearings consist of precision machined and ground, self-aligning, antifriction, spherical roller bearings, which never need adjustment, so machine operation stays smooth and trouble-free.
- Cross-head guides are one-piece construction cast of special iron alloy. Running surfaces are honed to a minor finish and pressure lubricated for long life.